Letter From AAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caliboy007

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm sure all of you that had the VR error got the email from AAMC saying that they will provide a letter regarding the error that you can send to your institutions if you wish.... I requested mine literally 2 minutes after they sent the email on Wednesday and did not get it by Saturday (I'm only about 300 miles from DC).

Can someone make sure to post when they finally get it so we can all see what it says?

Members don't see this ad.

I received the AAMC email as well, but I was a little confused... will they automatically send it to all schools? or do you have to give them the addresses of each individual school you want it sent to? I'm currently applying, so my MCAT score will be more of an update to my file as I await a final decision at a few schools.....?

So, I'm sure all of you that had the VR error got the email from AAMC saying that they will provide a letter regarding the error that you can send to your institutions if you wish.... I requested mine literally 2 minutes after they sent the email on Wednesday and did not get it by Saturday (I'm only about 300 miles from DC).

Can someone make sure to post when they finally get it so we can all see what it says?

Here you go:

Dear XXXX

This letter confirms that you are one of the examinees from the January 27, 2007 administration of the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) who recieved a set of items in the Verbal Reason section that was preceded by a mismatched reading passage. The MCAT program extends our sincerest apologies for the distraction that this error may have caused and for any negative impact you may feel it had on your performance. We have removed those questions from the scoring of your test; however, if you feel that your final scores are not representative of your ability, you may provide a copy of this letter to the institutions that will receive your January MCAT results.

Cordially yours,

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
Director, Test Administration & Operations

I just got mine as well... to answer the question above... you must copy and send the letter yourself to each medical school you are applying to along with an official score report you can print out from your MCAT THx page. AAMC will not send a letter for you.... however, I know that all med schools are aware of the Jan 27 error as AAMC informed them all.