Letter from NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimsaekyu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter from NYU saying they are going to give admissions withouht interview and they may interview some of applicant in order to determine their eligibility for admission.

Anyone recieved same letter??

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

kimsaekyu said:
I just received a letter from NYU saying they are going to give admissions withouht interview and they may interview some of applicant in order to determine their eligibility for admission.

thank you

a while back I recieved a letter stating that some applicants would be admitted without an interview. That was back in August and I haven't heard anything since....can you type exactly what the letter said so we can decide if its different

I heard that it is going to be 'some' applicant accepted without interview, not most of the admissions without interview. They still going to conduct interviews. I know someone who already been interviewed at NYU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have anyone heard from NYU about an interview yet?

In this thread, you's people spoking good englishes :D

(I'm not trying to be an ass it's just funny how people leave out words when typing on the internet. Sounds funny when read out loud. )

Audio said:

(I'm not trying to be an ass it's just funny how people leave out words when typing on the internet. Sounds funny when read out loud. )

:laugh:

Audio said:

Thanks for noticing english, not the topic because to improve our english writing skills is the reason we all post replies on SDN. Information can be shared anywhere else, but english improvement can only be done on SDN.

kimsaekyu said:

thank you

hey i got that letter today too from NYU

Hey, I actually got this letter too. It says that my file is under review bla bla bla. I haven't paid the fee. Do you think I could get in without paying the fee at first? I know schools like BU and Temple have invited me to interview without a fee being paid initially.

is this the first letter you guys have recieved from nyu or is this a second letter. i got a letter back in august but it was a little different then what you guys got.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my first letter from NYU today!!! I believe this is the same letter that everyone else got..."Your application is now under review by the Admissions Committee." So...what does this mean...my file is complete and now it will be reviewed, or it will now be reviewed to see if it is complete??? :D

I got the same letter. It seems they finally got they act together for some mass snail mailing!

Comet208 said:
I got the same letter. It seems they finally got they act together for some mass snail mailing!

I thought NYU sent a letter to only qualfied applicants. (but it's not true ^^)

NYU: "Your application is now under review by the Admissions Committee." So...what does this mean...my file is complete and now it will be reviewed, or it will now be reviewed to see if it is complete???

dds2010 said:
NYU: "Your application is now under review by the Admissions Committee." So...what does this mean...my file is complete and now it will be reviewed, or it will now be reviewed to see if it is complete???

Your application is complete and now being reviewed.

tinman831 said:
Your application is complete and now being reviewed.

we don't have different letter from NYU.
ON mine, it doesn't say "your application under review ....."

um..what is going on..

kimsaekyu said:
we don't have different letter from NYU.
ON mine, it doesn't say "your application under review ....."

um..what is going on..

Hmmm... My letter says "thanks for applying. your application is now under review." Your's doesn't say that?

tinman831 said:
Hmmm... My letter says "thanks for applying. your application is now under review." Your's doesn't say that?

That's what mine says. The funny thing is that it's dated Oct. 10. They could have at least changed the date..sheesh. Also, is my app really really under review or is it bull**** cuz I haven't sent them any fee at all.

kimsaekyu said:
I thought NYU sent a letter to only qualfied applicants. (but it's not true ^^)

Are you emplying that I am not a qualified applicant? Gee thanks!

Audio said:
That's what mine says. The funny thing is that it's dated Oct. 10. They could have at least changed the date..sheesh. Also, is my app really really under review or is it bull**** cuz I haven't sent them any fee at all.

This is the EXACT position i'm in....letter dated Oct. 10 (but I received it Nov.7th) and I have not sent them the fee or the photo. So...what's this all about?