Letter From Sci Prof That You Didn't Get a Grade From

Started by ramona223
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ramona223

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this...
I finished up a post-bac program but unfortunately never established a good enough relationship with the profs to think any of them could write a worthy letter...Plus, I've taken some time off, so now they won't even remember me.
I've been doing research for a few years with someone who's a med school faculty member....I'm planning on using that as a "science letter"...And then getting another letter from the prof of a physical anthro class I'm going to take this semester...The schools I'm applying to (foreign, mind you) require two letters from science faculty and don't want additional letters...Does it matter that I didn't get a "grade" from my research professor? Someone from an admissions committee once told me you could get away with one letter from a prof that didn't teach you, but it also depends on the school...Anyone know?
 
Sure, I did it too. Just contact them and ask that if you forward them your AAMCAS application and transcripts if they would mind writing one for you.


ramona223 said:
I wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this...
I finished up a post-bac program but unfortunately never established a good enough relationship with the profs to think any of them could write a worthy letter...Plus, I've taken some time off, so now they won't even remember me.
I've been doing research for a few years with someone who's a med school faculty member....I'm planning on using that as a "science letter"...And then getting another letter from the prof of a physical anthro class I'm going to take this semester...The schools I'm applying to (foreign, mind you) require two letters from science faculty and don't want additional letters...Does it matter that I didn't get a "grade" from my research professor? Someone from an admissions committee once told me you could get away with one letter from a prof that didn't teach you, but it also depends on the school...Anyone know?