Letter of Rec forms from individual med schools??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrincessCKNY

Crown Royal Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a really quick question. Some schools have their own forms that they want letters of recs on. My school has the letter of rec service where they send everyone's letter of rec in a packet (6 max), where every school will receive all 6 letters, regardless of how many letters they want.

I heard it was possible to call the school up and ask them to waive the form if you have a service like my school does. Is that true? How do you ask for it? What should I say? If they go with it and say I don't need to do the form, how can I get some kind of proof that they OK'd it in case I come across some kinks along the way?

Thanks guys. Any advice would be helpful. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools will waive the requirement, especially if there's some reason you can't get back to ask the recommenders. Are you an MSTP applicant? I've never heard of MD applicants that had to do this.

In my case, I'm just getting the damn forms done. It's a pain in the ass and I've had to miss hours of work over it, but maybe it will mean something in the long run...

I just called Wake Forest and they said that I didn't need to fill out the forms, since I have the letter of rec service. It can also be waived if your letter writers have already written your letter using another standard form.