Letter of Rec

Started by devcar3
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

devcar3

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
This is my first time posting and I had a question. One of the professors I asked for a letter of rec from asked me to draft a letter as if I was a proessor writing a letter for me. I have no idea what a letter of rec is supposed to include. Any suggestions would be great.
 
Hi devcar3

The person I do research for also had me draft a letter because he wanted to know what kinds of things he should write about. I looked up some example ones online - though they won't apply to your situation directly, I think it'll help you get a start. Since a professor is really only able to evaluate your academics, I think it'd be great to have him/her say something like you're a hardworker, and your grades prove it. If you've visited him in office hours and talked to him etc., include that too. Make sure your letter sounds more personal so that it will sound like your professor thinks highly of your intelligence and maturity. If it's a class where you've written scientific papers or had presentations/projects etc., maybe comment on that as well. Good luck! Hope my advice helps! 😀

devcar3 said:
Hi,
This is my first time posting and I had a question. One of the professors I asked for a letter of rec from asked me to draft a letter as if I was a proessor writing a letter for me. I have no idea what a letter of rec is supposed to include. Any suggestions would be great.