Letters from Albany Yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smilez4me

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if anyone received a letter from Albany College of Pharmacy yet. THanks! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Smilez4me said:
Hi, Just wondering if anyone received a letter from Albany College of Pharmacy yet. THanks! :confused:

I got my rejection letter yesterday...and they sent me two copies!!!

Smilez4me said:

I just called them yesterday and they said i should be getting my letter within 3 weeks..

Members don't see this ad :)
hi, i just got my acceptance letter today ....

kgymnast19 said:
hi, i just got my acceptance letter today ....

Wow, Congrats kgymnast19! :D May I ask what your stats were? Thanks!

my gpa is 3.9 and 92%ile on PCAT

kgymnast19 said:
my gpa is 3.9 and 92%ile on PCAT

Hi, just a question, I know Albany doesn't require PCATs, do you have a degree and any experience in the field? Just curious, that's my school of choice, but I won't be ready to apply for another year (or longer) and with each passing year, there are more applicants and it's harder to get in. I'm hoping that by the time I'm ready to apply more pharm schools in the area pop-up. (hey, one can only hope).

I just got my acceptance letter!!
But... now i'm in a conflict over whether it should be SUNY-buffalo or albany?!! I know about their programs-- but not abt the student life....anyone know which is better to handle as a student??

hopeful05 said:
I just got my acceptance letter!!
But... now i'm in a conflict over whether it should be SUNY-buffalo or albany?!! I know about their programs-- but not abt the student life....anyone know which is better to handle as a student??

Wow, Congrats to you too, hopeful05! I still haven't heard from them yet. :scared: May I ask you what your stats and where you went to college? Thanks! :)

MALA said:
Hi, just a question, I know Albany doesn't require PCATs, do you have a degree and any experience in the field? Just curious, that's my school of choice, but I won't be ready to apply for another year (or longer) and with each passing year, there are more applicants and it's harder to get in. I'm hoping that by the time I'm ready to apply more pharm schools in the area pop-up. (hey, one can only hope).

I don't have a degree, however I have 3+ years of undergraduate work. Also I've worked as a pharmacy technician for a year, an assistant health coordinator, and have been a part of this program called Impact Health that visits various sites in the community and I conduct HbA1c tests on diabetics.

Smilez4me said:
Wow, Congrats to you too, hopeful05! I still haven't heard from them yet. :scared: May I ask you what your stats and where you went to college? Thanks! :)

Thanks first of all....and secondly no problem.... here: I will graduate this august with a bachelors in Biochemistry from Alvernia College, Reading PA. Its a small college really...but knowing all your prof.'s personally really helps...particularly for the reccomendations. My GPA is 3.993 and PCAT is 98%. But i think the important thing is to have all pre-reqs complete-- last year i applied to three colleges and didn't get in....so... i just worked really hard for this year....G'Luck... :thumbup: