Letters of recommendation - can you name some ideas where to get em?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myst

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I havent done any medical work yet (will be doing it this winter), and I can only get a LOR from someone i volunteered with over summer (old folks home), a high school teacher, and someone i worked with (job)

Will these cut it for applying to a school in Ireland? I have a 3.1GPA and 34MCAT..

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any professors from university you would be able to write a reference letter for you? I think they suggest that you have 2 academic references- people to show that you would be able to handle the course load and that kind of stuff. you should be looking for people who were supervising your work at your volunteer positions or place of employment rather than someone you worked with.

hope it helps

reeka15 said:
Do you have any professors from university you would be able to write a reference letter for you? I think they suggest that you have 2 academic references- people to show that you would be able to handle the course load and that kind of stuff. you should be looking for people who were supervising your work at your volunteer positions or place of employment rather than someone you worked with.

hope it helps
no i dont have a professor who can do so :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I also found trouble finding academic references. I was one of those students who didn't really ask the profs questions and therefore didn't get to know them well. I still asked some of them for letters of rec, including my advisor but they said that they did not know me well enough and refused :( . But it might not hurt asking some of your profs in classes that you did well in.

I ended up asking my boss, who is a cardiologist...so i'm thinking that's good..and two of my volunteer supervisors. Good enough?

Perhaps you could ask your high school teachers?