Letters of recommendation for GSU?

Started by dunco1000
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dunco1000

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else get that email about GSU saying we need LORs for our interviews even though it explicitly states they dont require them on their website? I feel that its a pretty amateur move for them to decide that they now require them 2.5 weeks away from the interview.
 
georgia state? I was going to apply to them way back when because of the no recommendations (I wasn't sure if I would get my pt reference in time). That's absolutely unacceptable if it states that they aren't required and won't be looked at if sent. How can they expect people to arrange references and give that person time to write it in a two week span. I would raise hell. Or tell them to shove it...unless that's your top choice 😀
 
Haha ya I sent them an email forfeiting my spot for the interview. I already got accepted into one of my top choices but wanted to see what they had to offer. After such an unprofessional move though, I think their program wouldnt be a good fit for me. The best part is that the email they sent out a few days later. Apparently some students were asking about LORs they already included in their online application, Georgia State told those students that they still needed to bring in LORs because they discarded the original LORs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha ya I sent them an email forfeiting my spot for the interview. I already got accepted into one of my top choices but wanted to see what they had to offer. After such an unprofessional move though, I think their program wouldnt be a good fit for me. The best part is that the email they sent out a few days later. Apparently some students were asking about LORs they already included in their online application, Georgia State told those students that they still needed to bring in LORs because they discarded the original LORs.
I thought that was a terrible move also. I was interested the program but it seems that you can never gain in state tuition coming from out of state. ~15,000 a semester is pretty steep to pay.
 
Yeah. It would have been better if they implemented the change in the upcoming cycle, considering that it clearly states that it was not required up until now. (which the deadline for this cycle has passed). Since people that applied for it clearly applied to a school that stated that it was not required. So, it's unprofessional to make the changes afterwards.
 
I am interviewing at GSU on the 9th. Just curious as to what you guys/gals stats were. GPA,GRE, Observation hours wise?

I'm 3.4, 151/153/4.0 and 175 OP with 40 acute care