Letters of Recommendations

Started by Enzyme1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Enzyme1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

For letters of rec, I was wondering, is it best to have one clinical letter, one shadowing a doctor letter, and one academic letter (from your undergrad) when applying to postbacs?

I have the option of that or I can do 1 shadow, 1 more research based with a doctor, and 1 clinical.

Whatever makes it more promising on the postbac committee's end is what I am looking for. What do you guys think is the best approach?

I can write 2 of my letters as well, and the "recommenders" will be reviewing them after complete.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.
 
I don't think it really matters as long as the letters come from significant experiences, but I would contact the post-bacc of interest and ask if your letters will be approved.

Personally, for some post-baccs I had 1 science professor, 1 shadowing experience, and 1 research experience.

For 2 other post-baccs, I included another science professor and a humanities professor.
 
Hi all,

For letters of rec, I was wondering, is it best to have one clinical letter, one shadowing a doctor letter, and one academic letter (from your undergrad) when applying to postbacs?

I have the option of that or I can do 1 shadow, 1 more research based with a doctor, and 1 clinical.

Whatever makes it more promising on the postbac committee's end is what I am looking for. What do you guys think is the best approach?

I can write 2 of my letters as well, and the "recommenders" will be reviewing them after complete.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

I applied with only two recommendations, one academic and one from an attending I was shadowing. I believe the academic recommendation was required for me. Choose the ones that you think will write you the best ones or have known you the longest, those three all sound related to medicine, so postbacs will likely not distinguish too much between the three.