Letters of Reference - Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Obnoxious Dad

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you applied to DO programs did you use Interfolio?

Did you use the service more than one year?

Were you satisfied with Interfolio?

Members don't see this ad.

I used it this year for my LOR's. I was satisfied with my experience with it, although i was sort of surprised that even after paying for membership, you still had to pay 5-10 dollars to send your LOR's to each school. It takes care of some hassle, and makes it easy and confidential for your letter writers to submit their documents. I was very pleased that at one point when I sent my letters to GA-PCOM, (you send them to the Philly campus) the letters seemed to take longer than they should. After about a week of them not showing up in the PCOM office, i emailed interfolio to see what was up. They contacted PCOM that day, and then faxed over my documents to them so as not to delay my application any farther. That impressed me. I heard back from PCOM about an interview like the next day. Since i got into my first choice school early, i didnt submit a lot of secondaries that i planned to, and thus didnt end up using interfolio as much as i thought i would. If you are going to be applying to a lot of schools, it is a great way to keep all the letters organized, but can also be costly (like 20 bucks membership and then 8 bucks per school). I guess i would recommend it though.

it's worth every penny for peace of mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used interfolio and I loved it! It's waaay cheaper then most permed letter forwarding services from your undergrad institution, too! :D

I paid for 2 years and I think it was around $30.

Yes, except for MSU, which does not take interfolio.
No, I would pay for the extension if needed.
Yes... Unlike my school service, I can pick and choose which letter to send to each school.