Letters of Reference

Started by kpharm89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kpharm89

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi SDN,

I am hoping to apply for the 2015-2016 cycle, but I am very worried about the Letters of Reference that I will need. I graduated in 2011 and haven't kept in contact with my professors. I have a psychology professor that I did research for that I believe will write me one, but I'm not sure if that counts as a science professor. Other than that, I have been working at a long term care pharmacy since I graduated, so I know several pharmacists that can write me letters as well. I am just very worried about the ones that require a letter from a science professor. I'm thinking about taking a science class this summer solely for this purpose, but that would mean getting in my application late. Any advice?

Any response is appreciated, thank you!
 
I dont know if Pharmcas required LOR from a science prof.. I got my LOR from 2 pharmacists and one from a long time friend....Starting pharmacy school this summer..🙂...Hopefully someone else know it better...goodluck..
Hi SDN,

I am hoping to apply for the 2015-2016 cycle, but I am very worried about the Letters of Reference that I will need. I graduated in 2011 and haven't kept in contact with my professors. I have a psychology professor that I did research for that I believe will write me one, but I'm not sure if that counts as a science professor. Other than that, I have been working at a long term care pharmacy since I graduated, so I know several pharmacists that can write me letters as well. I am just very worried about the ones that require a letter from a science professor. I'm thinking about taking a science class this summer solely for this purpose, but that would mean getting in my application late. Any advice?

Any response is appreciated, thank you!
 
I dont know if Pharmcas required LOR from a science prof.. I got my LOR from 2 pharmacists and one from a long time friend....Starting pharmacy school this summer..🙂...Hopefully someone else know it better...goodluck..

Yeah I don't see many other posts stressing about the LOR as much as I am. Hopefully, my LOR from my pharmacist contacts will suffice. Thank you for the response!