• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Letters that matter

livewires

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2004
    Hello,

I am a third-year osteopathic student trying to "be all that I can be" for anesthesia next year. I'm not here to post with my lifelong laundry-list of scores and highlights to see if I am competitive...I just have one concern.

I would really like to match in the South next year, somewhere in (Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Virginia) and am open to good programs elsewhere as well. I only have two elective months available in the fall, and I really want to make them worthwhile.

Does anyone know of an awesome rotation that I would be likely to have a great experience at and have the oportunity to get a good letter? I would really like to go somewhere where I might have a chance getting a lettor of recommendation from someone high in the field and known broadly to program directors. I was going to just start calling places such as the University of Maryland, but I would hate to go somewhere and have a bad experience.

Please PM me if you can help of know of someone I could contact. I would be of greatest appreciation.

Thanks,
    Josh

cchoukal

Volunteer Staff
    Verified Expert
    Jul 11, 2001
    SF, CA
    1. Attending Physician
      I can't speak for the south, but most programs I've looked at have contact info for visiting med students right on the website. My impression is that good programs have a lot of visiting students, and they sort of get why you're there (to have a good experience and get a letter from someone good); that's why you're taking the time to rotate at their institution and not at Bumblef$#k University. So, I think you should pretty easily be able to find lots of great places that will give you exactly what you want, without having to blaze any new trails. Best of luck.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.