WERD11

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Status
Hey,

I've been reading the forum for a while, but this is my first post. So I applied to columbia and cornell and never heard back. I know this pretty much means I won't receive an interview, but I am planning on writing a letter to each school just to see what's up. My question is, who should I address my letter to? would be inappropriate to write to the dean? Does anyone have the names of the deans of either school? Thanks,

icecream4me

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2004
Status
Personally, I addressed all of my LOIs to the Admissions Committee and tried to email the Dean a copy if I was REALLY interested in the school. I would call the school that you're interested in sending an LOI and see what they recommend (i.e. who to send it to, etc.) since every school is a little bit different. A note on Columbia: I didn't apply there, but a few of my friends said that their website specifically asked that applicants NOT send in letters and other extra stuff. I would check up on that info to make sure that an LOI won't actually end up hurting your application. GL :)

lfesiam

Regional Guy for Hire!
15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
call 1st buddy

icecream4me said:
Personally, I addressed all of my LOIs to the Admissions Committee and tried to email the Dean a copy if I was REALLY interested in the school. I would call the school that you're interested in sending an LOI and see what they recommend (i.e. who to send it to, etc.) since every school is a little bit different. A note on Columbia: I didn't apply there, but a few of my friends said that their website specifically asked that applicants NOT send in letters and other extra stuff. I would check up on that info to make sure that an LOI won't actually end up hurting your application. GL :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads