1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

LF Opinions on EK vs TPR psych.

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by scarofkenshin, Aug 19, 2015.

1. scarofkenshin

Pre-Medical
    I've read every post i can find on reddit and SDN. The general theme i see is that EK psych is inadequate and that TPR is generally recommended over it. I wanted to get some additional opinions on EK vs TPR, and thoughts on if EK is lacking.

I started using TPR but I found that they go in depth on terms not included in the AAMC guide. For Example : they discuss "Broadbent Filter Model of Selective Attention" and "Anne Treisman’s Attentuation Model". Neither are mentioned in the AAMC Guide. This makes me feel that TPR is way to detailed and unclear on what to know.

Is using EK + Khan Academy videos sufficient, or may this be lacking? I would appreciate any advice, thanks!