Liability insurance for away rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futrdrbaker

No place like home...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am interested in doing an away rotation next year at SLU, but their minimum liability insurance is greater than what my school can offer me for purchase. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were you able to purchase the insurance from another source, how did you get in contact with them, and how much did it cost?

SLU does not offer an option to purchase it from their school.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Tough problem. I've heard 3rd and 4th-hand stories about this, but don't have any specific info.

Consider looking at threads in the International forum. I know I've seen threads about this over there. For obvious reasons, it's a problem they deal with more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tough problem. I've heard 3rd and 4th-hand stories about this, but don't have any specific info.

Consider looking at threads in the International forum. I know I've seen threads about this over there. For obvious reasons, it's a problem they deal with more.

I can save the OP time from going over to the International Forums...I cannot recall seeing a post in which someone found independent med mal and was able to afford it.

I can save the OP time from going over to the International Forums...I cannot recall seeing a post in which someone found independent med mal and was able to afford it.

Bummers.

the saddest part is that the OP is at a US school in texas! apparently not everything (like...insurance coverage) is bigger in texas.

-tm