License after residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postdent2314

Reaction score
Hello. I am a 2nd year resident in pros, and my issue is the following. I had been a prosthodontist in my home country for about 5 years, and then I applied and got into one of the pros programs. I plan to work in the USA after graduating. My question is, are there any states that give a dental license or a specialty license without the clinical exams like ADEX or WREB? I have been away from general dentistry for a really long time and I feel like those exams will be quite difficult for me at this stage, and would involve considerable practice towards if I do decide to go through with it. So are there any states where a foreign trained dentist (no DDS/DMD) with a US residency certificate (MS/CERTIFICATE PROSTHODONTICS) practice that specific speciality without getting a general dentist license through clinical exams? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to say but by CODA rules u have to go thru an examination to be able to be licensed in whatever specific state and nowadays there is only ADEX

Sorry to say but by CODA rules u have to go thru an examination to be able to be licensed in whatever specific state and nowadays there is only ADEX
I see. So I guess I will have to go through the clinical exams to get the license. Phew. Long road ahead.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try DLOSCE. You can practice in 5 states.WA being one
Hey, thanks for replying. I couldn't find any direct info which indicated that I can practice in those 5 states without any other clinical exam. Would you happen to know if that is the case and where I can get more info on this from? I saw the official website and this is what I saw.