license by residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AlwaysNeedHelp

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
I heard that you can practice dental specialty ex. Orthodontics by obtaining license via accredited residency program but this only enables you to practice in only few states. I was wondering if that's true and what are these states that accept license via residnecy. Thank you🙂
 
Hello everyone,
I heard that you can practice dental specialty ex. Orthodontics by obtaining license via accredited residency program but this only enables you to practice in only few states. I was wondering if that's true and what are these states that accept license via residnecy. Thank you🙂
True. The states are New York, Connecticut, Minnesota, Washington, and California. If you go to ada.org or go to each state's website regarding their dental board, you will obtain more information.