License transfer to WV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Old

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the requirements for license transfer is just the MJPE test? I was told it that was the only requirement but someone told me that they had an"Errors and Omissions" part and a counseling section. Anyone know for sure and has anyone taken these transfer test for WV? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There is the MPJE and "Errors and Omissions" as well - which costs another $150 or so and you take at the WV BOP in Charleston. It's super low key. Like super low key.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a counseling section also? How indepth is this? Is it just an rx for lisinopril and the normal counseling or is it a list of 10 meds a patient is on and lab results etc that you have to get quite involved wth? Thanks for any response.

There is a counseling section also? How indepth is this? Is it just an rx for lisinopril and the normal counseling or is it a list of 10 meds a patient is on and lab results etc that you have to get quite involved wth? Thanks for any response.

It's a situational counseling on a single med with a patient profile. When I took it, my patient was a women getting tetracycline. And she was on birth control and was going to the beach next week. So, you'd just give the old spiel about wearing sun protection, the birth control thing, finish all of your medication even if you start feeling better, etc, etc. You get a few drug references, too. It's pretty simple. I don't know of anyone that's ever failed it.

mine was a patient starting dig while on erythromycin and potassium supplement. You're allowed you use your PDA or whatnot while you prepare.

Friend had statin + fibrate counseling points

Whats the best way to study for the WV MPJE?

get the book that the WVBOP sends you when you apply. Don't pay for it! They will send you one for free! (I might have two still, let me check)

Should you be familiar with WV law before taking the Errors and Omissions?

Should you be familiar with WV law before taking the Errors and Omissions?

Yes. Anything dealing with prescriptions. Know how long PAs can write for controlled drugs...the laws concerning Methadone...**** like that. The biggest piece of advice I can give you - take that test VERY literally. If they ask you "Is there an error on this script?"...and there is...the answer is just "yes." Do not explain your answer. Only elaborate if asked.