Licensed but not graduated...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schwauby

Reaction score
I did not meet clinical requirements for graduating during my last rotation and still need to complete this clinical before graduation. My clinical coordinator informed me that she will not be able to find me a clinical rotation till Fall 2020 due to COVID.

I recently passed the NPTE and am wondering if it’s possible to work as a PT per diem this summer temporarily until I can finish my clinical.

mid it possible to work as a PT if you are licensed but have not yet graduated?

Members don't see this ad.

I did not meet clinical requirements for graduating during my last rotation and still need to complete this clinical before graduation. My clinical coordinator informed me that she will not be able to find me a clinical rotation till Fall 2020 due to COVID.

I recently passed the NPTE and am wondering if it’s possible to work as a PT per diem this summer temporarily until I can finish my clinical.

mid it possible to work as a PT if you are licensed but have not yet graduated?
A requirement for licensure (and frankly employment in general) includes graduating from a CAPTE accredited program (or meeting the requirements for graduation if your school allows you to take the NPTE early). Since you have not completed your coursework, you are not eligible to practice. The difference between this scenario and practicing before graduating with a temporary license is that you have not satisfied the requirements for graduation from your program. Contact your state board for confirmation if you wish, but I'm confident they will tell you the same thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be an over qualified PT aide for the next few months till COVID settle down!