1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

licensure questions for residency

Discussion in 'NBDE Exams & Licensure Exams' started by ems5184, May 16, 2008.

  1. ems5184

    ems5184 Denist (future)
    5+ Year Member

    Jun 25, 2004
    Likes Received:
    hey guys,

    If you are planning on doing a gpr/aegd after dental school, do you need to obtain licensure in that specific state? or should i take the licensure exam for that state in which i want to practice after the residency?

    also, if i have to take the exam out of state, for people who were in the same situation, how do you go about getting patients for the exam?

    thanks in advance
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. ItsGavinC

    Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

    Oct 7, 2001
    Likes Received:
    You should take the exam that applies to where you want to practice after you are done with residency.

    Incidentally, nearly every state takes the WREB or NERB.

    Remember that you'll need a license if you want to moonlight during residency.

Share This Page