Life after acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are accpeted into a school and have already met their prereq's do you have to continue on with your projected spring and summer classes that you stated on pharmcas???? I stated on my application that I would have a degree in the summer. The only way to do this is to work my A** off, which now that I am accepted, I don't want to do. Does anyone know if I will be cut from the class if I don't go on with my plan for graduation????

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Some require at least an AA and the pre-reqs.

I don't think you'll lose your spot. If I could update my PharmCAS application I would say that I'm going to join the circus.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you'll lose your spot. If I could update my PharmCAS application I would say that I'm going to join the circus.

Candidate:Circus::Update Pharmcas:?

a. euphemism
b. optimism
c. masochism
d. priaprism
e. all of the above

omit question.

A lot of schools interview candidates that are competitive, with a lot of it being because they have or are expecting a degree. I think they might have accepted you because you were going to work your ass off in order to get that degree and into their school. To say that you don't want to work hard anymore, that gives them full authority to back out of your acceptance because you're not that candidate they thought you were.

Now if you changed your courseload by dropping a history class or two-unit piano class, I don't think that would change their minds. But to say you're not going to get your degree anymore...they definitely won't like that, despite if you're still fulfilling all the prereqs. Will they cut you? Only they can answer that question.

Agreed with the last posting - they may have accepted you due to the fact that YOU said you will have your degree by the fall. You need to uphold that, as if you don't you're being deceptive. If you absolutely can't, then you need to call them and let them know your circumstances and let them make the decision. It's an ethical question, and I hope you do the right thing, because it is not fair to others who may have taken their position and then you changed your mind about your degree status. Having a degree is a major bonus, as many schools are looking it as something that is a big thing on an application!

Agreed with the last posting - they may have accepted you due to the fact that YOU said you will have your degree by the fall. You need to uphold that, as if you don't you're being deceptive. If you absolutely can't, then you need to call them and let them know your circumstances and let them make the decision. It's an ethical question, and I hope you do the right thing, because it is not fair to others who may have taken their position and then you changed your mind about your degree status. Having a degree is a major bonus, as many schools are looking it as something that is a big thing on an application!

Candidate:Circus::Update Pharmcas:?

a. euphemism
b. optimism
c. masochism
d. priaprism
e. all of the above

Maybe d, but I don't really know how you would "join" a pathological condition. I'll see what I can do tonight bringing in the New Year, though. :laugh:

Life after acceptance is sweeeeeeeeeet. No more worries, sleepless nights etc so i think since am done with prereq for my school, am just gonna chill and take a break till summer as i prepare to move out of state.

My opinion is that unless you have read that you MUST have a degree prior to starting pharmacy school but otherwise have met a school's requirements, you do not owe them anything. If you are unsure, be sure to contact the school directly.

Should you complete a degree? Definitely a bonus, but it is solely up to you.

Remember something, your school did not solely select you JUST BECAUSE you said that you would get your degree prior to starting pharmacy school.

Well, I had a friend who was accepted last year to another school and she was told as long as she met the prereq requirements she was good. So she worked all summer and saved up money for her aptartment and stuff.

I have met the prereq's and a little more but have to take about 12 more hours of CRAP course work just to get my hours in for graduation..... Ex. just crazy 300-400 level classes not even pertaining to anything that could help me with pharm school..... HELP!

Life after acceptance is sweeeeeeeeeet. No more worries, sleepless nights etc so i think since am done with prereq for my school, am just gonna chill and take a break till summer as i prepare to move out of state.

me too!! imma make the trek from west to east coast (FL to be exact)

ohh btw. you should ask the school about the degree thing. i told a school that i was not planning to take a english class and the guy said its all good as long as i am still getting the degree in the end. (funny cuz i told him i had my degree done 2 years ago).

maybe you should ask the school, and if they say you can live without those extra classes, get it in writing.