Life Care planning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamnew2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of/can refer me to a good place to learn about and get certified in life care planning?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Something that you may want to keep in mind is that Fig education is no longer on the list of approved training programs for ICHCC. Just in case you were interested in obtaining certification through them.
ICHCC = International Commission on Health Care Certification

Reactions: 1 user
Don't think it matters. I have never had an attorney question that.

Something that you may want to keep in mind is that Fig education is no longer on the list of approved training programs for ICHCC. Just in case you were interested in obtaining certification through them.
ICHCC = International Commission on Health Care Certification

could you explain what fig education is? sorry very new to this! also I have been approached re: being involved in some cases that are catastrophic - I have never done anything in the legal realm - not sure if it's something that's a good idea, bad idea, what people charge, etc? is testimony typically video taped or does one testify real life so that cross examination can happen? thanks to all for any insights.

could you explain what fig education is? sorry very new to this! also I have been approached re: being involved in some cases that are catastrophic - I have never done anything in the legal realm - not sure if it's something that's a good idea, bad idea, what people charge, etc? is testimony typically video taped or does one testify real life so that cross examination can happen? thanks to all for any insights.
It’s a company that provides education on life care planning except they recently lost there accreditation for allowing you to sit for the exam… for a physician the only reason to do there courses are to sit for the exam otherwise you can go to a SEAK conference get some good advice chat with physicians and lawyer to get and understanding of the field

Is life care planning paid via insurance or out of pocket?

By a settlement money after a successful lawsuit

By a settlement money after a successful lawsuit
Not the actual planning though. From my understanding it’s in the realm of how lawyers work - you charge retainer of x amount upfront and prepare paperwork which is used to then ask for $ based on the report. How much is charged that I don’t know

Any reason to do the FIG class over the SEAK one? Also, is this a legitamate side hustle for doctors? Seems like you can make a lot of money on your own terms with this...

Any reason to do the FIG class over the SEAK one? Also, is this a legitamate side hustle for doctors? Seems like you can make a lot of money on your own terms with this...
Like anything you have to grow you practice(expert witness practice in this case). Fig encompasses Nurses and psych. SEAK is primarily physicians and the occasional Chiro. The true value beyond the lecture is sitting at lunch with someone with 10yrd experience and picking there brains

Reactions: 1 user