life outside pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angelil_yu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been accepted at Palm Beach Atlantic University for Fall 2005, and this summer, I am planning to move to West Palm Beach. I am a foreign student and currently still a student at Cal State San Bernardino.

Since I am gonna be by myself later at Palm Beach, do you think it's better for me to find roomates or live by myself? And for some of you who live by yourself because of pharmacy school, is it hard to make friends and a long-lasting friendship with other fellow pharmacy students? Also, do you have the chance to have personal life when you're in there?
When you finished, do some of you go back to your home city or stay at the new place?

I am excited to start my education at pharmacy school, but there's just some little things that concern me like life outside of pharmacy school.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

My roomate from pharmacy school was from Rancho Cucamonga.. and went to CSUSB before coming to USC RX school.

It's the things outside of RX school...that we remember now.. 10 years after being out of school.

Can you live on campus? In a dorm type situation? That might be a good way to get to meet other students.

For me, I met lots of people by being paired up for labs and other class type situations. There are also lots of out of class activities planned at our school, so its another way to meet people.

Pharmacy school is tough, but you'll definitely have time for a life outside of school.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
angelil_yu said:
Since I am gonna be by myself later at Palm Beach, do you think it's better for me to find roomates or live by myself?
Hi
West Palm Beach pharmacy school, the religous part of that school scared me off... not sure they want you to have a life.

Just be sure to find God inbetween Pharmacokinetics and Pharmaceutics class.

As for a roomate... it can't be a person of the opposite sex. Read this document.

http://cosmas.pba.edu/pharmacy/Students/PoliciesProcedures.doc

"While the following are examples of conduct for which disciplinary action may be taken, any action suggesting lack of integrity, self-control, or professional behavior will be a basis for hearing. PBA is an alcohol-free, drug-free, and tobacco-free campus.
C. Cohabitation
Living/residing with a non-related person of the opposite sex outside the bonds of marriage."

At least they are gay friendly and incest friendly. :thumbup:

:laugh:

phard2008 said:
Hi
West Palm Beach pharmacy school, the religous part of that school scared me off... not sure they want you to have a life.

Just be sure to find God inbetween Pharmacokinetics and Pharmaceutics class.

As for a roomate... it can't be a person of the opposite sex. Read this document.

http://cosmas.pba.edu/pharmacy/Students/PoliciesProcedures.doc

"While the following are examples of conduct for which disciplinary action may be taken, any action suggesting lack of integrity, self-control, or professional behavior will be a basis for hearing. PBA is an alcohol-free, drug-free, and tobacco-free campus.
C. Cohabitation
Living/residing with a non-related person of the opposite sex outside the bonds of marriage."

At least they are gay friendly and incest friendly. :thumbup:

:laugh:

I couldn't believe that they would even check the roomates if students live off campus. The discipline parts are amazing!

Yeah, what if students live with transgender students? What's they say?? hehe....