LifeStyle

Started by Xian Ping
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Xian Ping

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do people say you won't have a life if you are a neurosurgeon. Can't you just work less hours or part time and still make huge money?
 
Because you will not have a life if you are a neurosurgeon. You won't make "huge money" if you work your ass off. A "relaxed" pace for a neurosurgeon would cripple a lesser man.

That being said, I personally have a lot of fun doing neurosurgery. Not fun with the money I make, not fun telling people I'm a neurosurgeon, I enjoy the art and science of neurosurgery. It's like being in the Night's Watch ("I will take no wife, hold no lands, father no children"), your life is your work so you better love your work.