ligament tendon mneumonic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superduper12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there a mneumonic for remembering that ligament connects bones to bones. and tendons connect muscle to bone.

I always mix these two up.

Members don't see this ad.

is there a mneumonic for remembering that ligament connects bones to bones. and tendons connect muscle to bone.

Don't have a mnemonic but I just think about the most common tendons/ligaments...

Achilles tendon - attaches calf muscle (gastroc) to heel bone (calcaneus)
ACL/PCL/MCL in the knee - attaches femur to tibia

This is ridiculous... but here is mine: You down with LBB? Yeah, you know me! (ligament bone, bone)

I am embarrassed posting it, but I also mixed them up - hope it helps.

Reactions: 1 users
This is ridiculous... but here is mine: You down with LBB? Yeah, you know me! (ligament bone, bone)

HAHA! NICE. you down with OPP!!! priceless mnemonic man. but if the OP doesnt konw the song it might not work.

I think dwc's way works pretty well if you are having trouble. the achilles tendon is a great example cuz its one that many people are familiar with. and you can feel it on the bakc of your leg, if you follow it upwards, you run into a muscle, if you follow it downards you run into a bone. tendons must connect muscles to bone.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just remember the abbreviation "TMB"

tendon muscle bone

it's never failed me.. and I had to take a bunch of anatomy courses in undergrad!

That's the point of a mneumonic. The more ridiculous, the better.

idk, I mean, you could always think, oh, well, muscle is the part of the animal you eat, and you want it to be tender, so tendons connect muscle to bone.