Ligocaine on surgical site post spay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

theunraveler

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

Have anyone of you seen or done local anesthetic on the surgical site after a spey? How effective is it?

Regards,
theunraveler
 
You might be interested in this:
Carpenter RE, Wilson DV, Evans AT. Evaluation of intraperitoneal and incisional lidocaine or bupivacaine for analgesia following ovariohysterectomy in the dog. Vet Anaesth Analg. 2004 Jan;31(1):46-52.
 
Hey Bill, thanks for the article.

I was looking for resources on how to do it, preferably a video.

Regards,
theunraveler
 
Hey Bill, thanks for the article.

I was looking for resources on how to do it, preferably a video.

Regards,
theunraveler

I've done it two different ways. Before you start like a line block in a cow along the linea. Or right after you finish closing the linea as a splash block.

I am not sure how much difference it makes.