-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Limerick
Started by asd979
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I also received an invite from Limerick today. Does anyone know what sort of interview style the use? Is it panel? Is it MMI? Also, are there any stats on the ratio of interviews : applicants??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What sort of group activity? If the interview is not panel or MMI, is it just a one on one? Where are you from asd? I'll be heading there from Edmonton, could be an expensive interview.
My friend told me the group activity consists of you being placed in the situation of being stranded on an island and you are given a list of items that you have with you. On your own, you are supposed to rank the items in terms of importance. After you have done so, in a group you come up with a group list. This is what I can remember what my buddy told me anyway. The interview itself I can't remember if it's an individual or a panel, but I'll find out and let you know. But like I said, very casual and laid back in order to make you comfortable. I'm coming from Saskatoon so it's not cheap for me either, hooray for air miles! I lucked out as I'm staying in the same hotel as the interview.
Also, from what I've heard if you are being interviewed for Limerick your chances of acceptance are extremely high. My friend told me they are simply looking to see if you're not a crazy, socially awkward person. They want to know your ability to interact with people, and your capacities to work in small groups, hence the group activity.
I'm heading to Toronto too on April 3rd (from Ottawa though 😛), and I just wanted to thank you asd for the info. See you all there! Cheers.
Your interview isn't on the 2nd?
Nope, April 3rd Saturday. I guess there are 2 interviews dates (or 3, possible Sunday openning). So it seems I won't be seeing you all there then since your interview is on the Friday lol. Since you all are from West coast, possibly it was organized so each day pertains to a region in Canada?
Thanks for the info you guys.
Does anyone know approx what percent of int'l students who applied to Limerick get the interview and what percent of those who interview are accepted?
Thanks
Thanks
Also in past years what percentage of the class has been int'l students and how big is the med class?
Any idea how many students there are in this program? I have scoured the web, can't seem to find that information.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, how many students is UL GE med accepting for the 2010 intake. I've been looking on priceline and hotwire, you can actually find four star hotels for $100/night, all within the same area of the sheraton.
There are 120 spots in the 2010 cohort. It would be really nice to know how many people they're interviewing for those 30 positions you mentioned.
Here is a forum for Limerick's medical school. Happy reading.
http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/university-limerick/
http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/university-limerick/
Thanks PCB9 for the forum!
Also here are my stats. I applied in November to ABP.
OMSAS GPA: ~3.6
MCAT: 2nd time 9P 7V 12B O - 28O
ECs: 2 publications, lots of research in Clinical Epidemiology, typical Hopsital volunteering, collegiate sports etc.
(I had a really good essay too 😉)
Also here are my stats. I applied in November to ABP.
OMSAS GPA: ~3.6
MCAT: 2nd time 9P 7V 12B O - 28O
ECs: 2 publications, lots of research in Clinical Epidemiology, typical Hopsital volunteering, collegiate sports etc.
(I had a really good essay too 😉)
If anyone is still looking for a hotel room. I just used the "name your price" feature on priceline.com and it gave me a room at the sheraton for $90/night. Just set the parameters to 4 star and Toronto downtown south. See you all on Friday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am here already. I will have to figure out how to kill some time tomorrow. Maybe I will take a drive to Niagara or something.
For us people who got waitlisted...are we going to be receiving any interview offers later on?
let me know how the interview goes! I will be there Sunday, and I can't wait. Did you bring extra copies of your resume and application/essay and stuff?
Good luck you guys you'll be great!
You don't need it, they have a copy of your application during the interview.
You got waitlisted for Limerick? Without an interview? I didn't think they would accept anyone without an interview, but I am not sure if they have another round of interviews.
They don't accept anyone without the interview so likely they're waiting to see who accepts their offers next week to see if they need to interview some more.
I decided not to send any thank you letters. I don't think it's expected in Ireland or Uk, correct me if I'm wrong. Around 30 people on my day, three days makes 90. 30 spots makes 33%. Were there more days? Uhhh this waiting sucks, could be a week to a month I guess. Good luck everyone.
How much time off during the summer do Limerick students get and can students opt to do the Special Study Modules internationally each year? How long are these Modules? Also, does anyone know about how well prepared limerick students are for the USMLE?
Thanks
Thanks
hey I'm just wondering if anyone has looked into accommodation yet or knows which residences are good? do most first years live on campus??? thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So they talked alot about housing during the Qand A at the interview. Check out www.ul.ie for more details like pricing etc.
But for meds I would think Cappavilla would be ideal since it is so close to the Health Sciences Complex. I think that is where I will be trying to get into.
Did not hear much about accomodations outside campus.
But for meds I would think Cappavilla would be ideal since it is so close to the Health Sciences Complex. I think that is where I will be trying to get into.
Did not hear much about accomodations outside campus.
yep that seems to be the general consensus, will be submitting my application there as well this week!
me too!! surprised I haven't seen more posts about this...
Good luck on your interview!
Good luck on your interview!
Just received an invite. April 15th in Toronto. That is 3 posts out of a possible 40 interviewees. That puts the number of applicants that actually frequent SDN at 7.5%.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 16
- Views
- 9K