Limit to applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opto delux

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to know if anyone knew if there is a "limit" to applying to optometry school? I am going to be applying for the Third time this coming cycle and I wanted to get insight on it. This is obviously what I really want to do, so this is important.

I am going to be doing a post-bacc at barry in s florida this coming fall, so applying while doing the program. I know I could apply after the program is over, but I dont wanna "glide" for another year...and my OAT will expire too (310AA 320TS).

I hope to crush the program and take this process a step further.

Please no unnecessary commentary, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I wanted to know if anyone knew if there is a "limit" to applying to optometry school? I am going to be applying for the Third time this coming cycle and I wanted to get insight on it. This is obviously what I really want to do, so this is important.

I am going to be doing a post-bacc at barry in s florida this coming fall, so applying while doing the program. I know I could apply after the program is over, but I dont wanna "glide" for another year...and my OAT will expire too (310AA 320TS).

I hope to crush the program and take this process a step further.

Please no unnecessary commentary, thanks.

Is there any particular reason you think hindered your chances the previous two times you applied (i.e. GPA, extra-curriculars, etc...)?

it's because of my GPA...I raised it alittle bit, but I guess not good enough...PCO said my OAT was fine, so as a result of the GPA...im doin the post-bacc at barry...soo back to the original question??

Barry 's biomedical program will be a great way to improve your gpa. and with the number of times you apply to optometry schools, i dont think there's a limit. I know there's a limit to how many you're allowed to take the OAT. I would suggest that you call the schools you're interested in, and ask whether the biomedical program will be a good way to improve your gpa. :) best of luck