Limit to applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

opto delux

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I wanted to know if anyone knew if there is a "limit" to applying to optometry school? I am going to be applying for the Third time this coming cycle and I wanted to get insight on it. This is obviously what I really want to do, so this is important.

I am going to be doing a post-bacc at barry in s florida this coming fall, so applying while doing the program. I know I could apply after the program is over, but I dont wanna "glide" for another year...and my OAT will expire too (310AA 320TS).

I hope to crush the program and take this process a step further.

Please no unnecessary commentary, thanks.
 
Hey guys,

I wanted to know if anyone knew if there is a "limit" to applying to optometry school? I am going to be applying for the Third time this coming cycle and I wanted to get insight on it. This is obviously what I really want to do, so this is important.

I am going to be doing a post-bacc at barry in s florida this coming fall, so applying while doing the program. I know I could apply after the program is over, but I dont wanna "glide" for another year...and my OAT will expire too (310AA 320TS).

I hope to crush the program and take this process a step further.

Please no unnecessary commentary, thanks.

Is there any particular reason you think hindered your chances the previous two times you applied (i.e. GPA, extra-curriculars, etc...)?
 
it's because of my GPA...I raised it alittle bit, but I guess not good enough...PCO said my OAT was fine, so as a result of the GPA...im doin the post-bacc at barry...soo back to the original question??
 
Barry 's biomedical program will be a great way to improve your gpa. and with the number of times you apply to optometry schools, i dont think there's a limit. I know there's a limit to how many you're allowed to take the OAT. I would suggest that you call the schools you're interested in, and ask whether the biomedical program will be a good way to improve your gpa. 🙂 best of luck