Limits Where to Apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jr1794

Reaction score
Long story short, struggled freshman year as a pre-med trying to balance classes and D1 athletics while also missing 3 weeks of class due to Mono (C's in intro Bio I and II and Chem I and II). Rebounded well sophomore year and onward (besides C's in orgo) and ended my final undergrad semester with a 3.9. A's in Biochemistry, Genetics, Physiology, Neurobiology. B's in Cell Biology, Histology and Inorganic Chem. Will need to take/retake 2-4 classes in the next 1-2 years before I apply (depending on the school). My listed GPAs are assuming I get at least a B in those classes just to be conservative, but should get A's.

• Cumulative GPA - 3.1-3.2
  • Science GPA 3.1-3.2
  • Previous 40 Credit GPA: 3.5 (before retakes)
  • Previous 60 Credit GPA: 3.35 (before retakes)
  • GRE scores - Unknown
  • When do you plan to apply? - 2-3 years
  • Number of hrs and type of PCE/HCE - Work in a surgical department at Mass General, will have 4000-5000 hours as a clinical research coordinator assuming I work 2 years here. Will have 2000+ at time of application.
  • How many courses will you have pending by the time you apply? 0-2

Any feedback about if my past academic record early in my college career should limit where I apply is greatly appreciated. I am currently researching schools and their specific GPA requirements and admitted student profiles however hearing from any of you would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.