1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Linkage programs through Hunter CUNY Postbac

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by bpmd, Dec 16, 2005.

1. bpmd

bpmd Junior Member

I'm about to start taking post-bac premed courses at Hunter College in NYC, and was curious about the "Linkage programs to Weill Cornell and SUNY Downstate" that the school advertises. How many such linkage slots are available each year, and what are criteria for selection (other than 4.0 GPAs and good letters of rec)?

Would any of you who got into med school through linkage programs kindly share your experiences?

Thanks!
    bpmd

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. stookie

stookie Slick Nasty
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I believe that you have to be nominated by a professor to be considered for the linkage program, so good luck with that.

4. bkflaneur

bkflaneur Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I started at Hunter Postbac and then switched to a smaller program. I didn't even hear about the Hunter linkage to Cornell until I'd been there for a year, so I'm not sure how it works. I wouldn't do the Hunter Postbac program if linking is a top priority for you. But if you're ok with being self-motivated and doing your own thing, I think it can be a good program.