Linkage programs through Hunter CUNY Postbac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bpmd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start taking post-bac premed courses at Hunter College in NYC, and was curious about the "Linkage programs to Weill Cornell and SUNY Downstate" that the school advertises. How many such linkage slots are available each year, and what are criteria for selection (other than 4.0 GPAs and good letters of rec)?

Would any of you who got into med school through linkage programs kindly share your experiences?

Thanks!
bpmd

Members don't see this ad.

bpmd said:
I'm about to start taking post-bac premed courses at Hunter College in NYC, and was curious about the "Linkage programs to Weill Cornell and SUNY Downstate" that the school advertises. How many such linkage slots are available each year, and what are criteria for selection (other than 4.0 GPAs and good letters of rec)?

Would any of you who got into med school through linkage programs kindly share your experiences?

Thanks!
bpmd

I believe that you have to be nominated by a professor to be considered for the linkage program, so good luck with that.

bpmd said:

Thanks!
bpmd

I started at Hunter Postbac and then switched to a smaller program. I didn't even hear about the Hunter linkage to Cornell until I'd been there for a year, so I'm not sure how it works. I wouldn't do the Hunter Postbac program if linking is a top priority for you. But if you're ok with being self-motivated and doing your own thing, I think it can be a good program.