linkages.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamsicle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for post-baccs with linkages to affordable medical schools (or atleast med schools that are not outrageously expensive for out-of-state students.) Any ideas? thanks :D

Members don't see this ad.

dreamsicle said:
Looking for post-baccs with linkages to affordable medical schools (or atleast med schools that are not outrageously expensive for out-of-state students.) Any ideas? thanks :D

The keyword is out-of-state. That implies you will be applying to a private school or a public school that accepts out-of-state applicants. Both of which are expensive regardless. So i'm unsure what you are asking in terms of "outrageously expensive for out-of-state students". You'll probably be looking at $40-55k at these schools.

On top of that, post-baccs with linkage programs may also be expensive. Off the top of my head, Scripps in Southern California, and Mills College in Northern California have linkage programs to George Washington and Tulane respectively. Scripps costs about $24-27k, however i'm not sure how much Mills is. It must be noted that the Scripps program is intended for those that were not pre-meds, and thus if you have taken the MCAT already, you are disqualified from applying. But yea, the term outrageously expensive goes out the window if you are talking about doing an official post-bacc program, and applying as an out-of-state resident. :)

dreamsicle said:

Are you looking for a 1-year post-bacc. program or longer? B/c 1-year programs range in the $20,000s.

Members don't see this ad :)
drjds said:
Are you looking for a 1-year post-bacc. program or longer? B/c 1-year programs range in the $20,000s.

HELLO BOARD. I AM LOOKING FOR A 1 YR POST BACC. I AM A URM. ANY IDEAS?

MDempress said:
first. cut the caps down lol, either you're super proud you are a URM or going for a 1 year post bac, or both. http://services.aamc.org/postbac/

i dont know if any postbacs have any preferential AA selection for URMs

I recall seeing quite a few post-bachs specifically directed at URMs. OHSU has one I believe. On allo forum, someone mentioned one by Colorado. I think quite a few med schools has similar programs that's not well known.

MDempress said:

Wake has a program. I think Drexel has one for URMs too.