dreamsicle

10+ Year Member
May 31, 2006
Status
Pre-Optometry
Looking for post-baccs with linkages to affordable medical schools (or atleast med schools that are not outrageously expensive for out-of-state students.) Any ideas? thanks :D

relentless11

Going broke and loving it
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2001
Visit site
Status
Pre-Medical
dreamsicle said:
Looking for post-baccs with linkages to affordable medical schools (or atleast med schools that are not outrageously expensive for out-of-state students.) Any ideas? thanks :D
The keyword is out-of-state. That implies you will be applying to a private school or a public school that accepts out-of-state applicants. Both of which are expensive regardless. So i'm unsure what you are asking in terms of "outrageously expensive for out-of-state students". You'll probably be looking at $40-55k at these schools.

On top of that, post-baccs with linkage programs may also be expensive. Off the top of my head, Scripps in Southern California, and Mills College in Northern California have linkage programs to George Washington and Tulane respectively. Scripps costs about $24-27k, however i'm not sure how much Mills is. It must be noted that the Scripps program is intended for those that were not pre-meds, and thus if you have taken the MCAT already, you are disqualified from applying. But yea, the term outrageously expensive goes out the window if you are talking about doing an official post-bacc program, and applying as an out-of-state resident. :)

drjds

10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
dreamsicle said:
Are you looking for a 1-year post-bacc. program or longer? B/c 1-year programs range in the $20,000s.

About the Ads

MDempress

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
drjds said:
Are you looking for a 1-year post-bacc. program or longer? B/c 1-year programs range in the $20,000s.
HELLO BOARD. I AM LOOKING FOR A 1 YR POST BACC. I AM A URM. ANY IDEAS?

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
MDempress said:
first. cut the caps down lol, either you're super proud you are a URM or going for a 1 year post bac, or both. http://services.aamc.org/postbac/

i dont know if any postbacs have any preferential AA selection for URMs

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
braluk said:
i dont know if any postbacs have any preferential AA selection for URMs
Well, postbacs like applicants they can place into med school, and med school may select preferentially for URMs, so one goes with the other.

silkworm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 29, 2004
Bardo
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I recall seeing quite a few post-bachs specifically directed at URMs. OHSU has one I believe. On allo forum, someone mentioned one by Colorado. I think quite a few med schools has similar programs that's not well known.

SexyLexie729

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2004
Status
MDempress said:
Wake has a program. I think Drexel has one for URMs too.

About the Ads