linving arrangements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCB

live and let live
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of your already in pharmacy or who will be starting pharmacy school this fall ? what are or what will be your living arrangements ? living at home is not an option since my school is 3 hours away.

This young lady contacted me , she got into the pharmacy school I will be attending , she would like me to be her roomate. I don't like the idea of going to class with someone and seeing the same person whenever I got to bed and wake up... a 24/h thing. So I was thinking about renting a one-bedroom apartment. It is $500/month where I live, but I would be paying less if I were to have a roomate.

Members don't see this ad.

It is impossible to edit my thread above!? weird.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks FutureRxGal my computer wasn't showing the EDIT button at the time.

I guess nobody wants to discuss "living arrangements" issues on this forum.

oh well you all have a good week !!!!!

I lived with 2 other girls that were in my class during my P1 year. We all had our own bedrooms, so we had space to get away if we need to. I actually liked living with students in my class because it really helped encourage me to study. It was also nice if you had a question about an assignment or something you missed that day in class etc. I think its just important to make sure you don't spend every waking minute with them.

I have a 1 bedroom apt w. kitchen bathroom and officey/tv space but no washer dryer (which is great cause i dont feel the need for those things)

I love it much better than roomates bc i had some scary roomates. hoo boy.

I wouldnt want to live with pharmacy students cause it might be boring. id rather see some different sorts of people now and then to make life a little more diverse in experience**

the best part of where i live is it is right across from the cmapus library so if my neighbor plays his music while im studying i just walk across to study in like 2 minutes

** tho if i find someone i like in my first year i might reconsider. but living by yourself does have its advantages because no one knows your business.

My roommate is an aspiring fashion designer. That's pretty far from pharmacy as I can get. ;)

My roomate last year was a good friend that I graduated undergrad with. She works at Sea World (taking care of animals), so we ahve totally different jobs. We get along great so it works out. In August, however we're moving into a 3 bedroom with a really good friend of mine from school. I can't wait! I'll love having a live-in study partner. Plus our b/f's are pretty good friends too. It'll work out well. It's a little different for me though b/c we watch our lectures on the computer vs having to go to school so I probably won't feel like I see her too much. Although I'm the type of person who doesn't need much alone time, I prefer to be with other people vs myself.