LIS? or LOSS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PathJet

L. crazy hair
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how are the information systems organized at your hospital?

seperate databases for path? radiology? lab? electronic medical record?EMR physcian order entry?

DB for research ?
just curious about the variety out there i am trying to start a project with a radiology resident and his database is obviously diff. than the path database but they all sort of merge on the hospital EMR --however you can only use the EMR on a per patient basis etc---

Members don't see this ad.

how are the information systems organized at your hospital?

seperate databases for path? radiology? lab? electronic medical record?EMR physcian order entry?

DB for research ?
just curious about the variety out there i am trying to start a project with a radiology resident and his database is obviously diff. than the path database but they all sort of merge on the hospital EMR --however you can only use the EMR on a per patient basis etc---

That is pretty common, Rad and Path are usually very separate and then the hospital EMR is not designed to do research...

Heck, a search-able pathology database is not necessarily the norm.

yes i know ...this doesnt make sense to me but
i guess it must take a lot of capital and technical investment however,i believe we all have to keep a cancer database for reporting , no?

... with tagging do you think this could be remedied?