-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
List of Lower-Tier Schools?
Started by tekkenman11
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What are your sGPA and cGPA including your SMP? Where is your state of residence?
What are your sGPA and cGPA including your SMP? Where is your state of residence?
BCPM (undegrad) 2.9, cGPA 3.0 but I don't my believe cGPA matters at all just the sciences.
SMP GPA: 3.6 (separate GPA under AMCAS)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which URM group do you belong to? If Hispanic are you fluent in Spanish?
Which URM group do you belong to? If Hispanic are you fluent in Spanish?
Yes I served as a translator on a medical brigade and the clinical volunteering I did this past year was in a predominantly Latino community.
Last edited:
Which community?
The three Puerto Rican schools that consider mainlanders would be good choices.
The three Puerto Rican schools that consider mainlanders would be good choices.
Which community?
The three Puerto Rican schools that consider mainlanders would be good choices.
The community we serviced? Mostly Mexican-American with some South American immigrants. Also I thought the BIG 4 would make me an IMG. What other schools do you have in mind with my stats?
The community we serviced? Mostly Mexican-American with some South American immigrants. Also I thought the BIG 4 would make me an IMG. What other schools do you have in mind with my stats?
They're asking what URM community you belong to
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The Puerto Rican schools are US LCME-accredited medical schools!The community we serviced? Mostly Mexican-American with some South American immigrants. Also I thought the BIG 4 would make me an IMG. What other schools do you have in mind with my stats?
The Puerto Rican schools are US LCME-accredited medical schools!
Thanks! And Colombian so there should be a decent number of schools who would consider me a URM, or at the very least a UiM, especially with the particular state school I'm interested in (if that's why you're asking). Last time I applied I didn't encounter any issues in regards to the above.
Update: I also decided to use a popular calculator that's on SDN to make a list of Category 3-7 schools. Ended up with 27 so I think those are the ones I'll go with. In addition to 5 DO. Bless the FAP!
Last edited:
These are schools where you could receive an interview with your stats:
U Illinois
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
Oakland Beaumont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Einstein
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
BU
Tufts
Miami
Also any of the 5 DO schools you apply to.
U Illinois
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
Oakland Beaumont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Einstein
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
BU
Tufts
Miami
Also any of the 5 DO schools you apply to.
These are schools where you could receive an interview with your stats:
U Illinois
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
Oakland Beaumont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Einstein
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
BU
Tufts
Miami
Also any of the 5 DO schools you apply to.
Woah those are almost all the schools that person's calculator/category method came up with too! Haha. Good to know then that those are definitely schools I should include in my list.
Thanks!!
Edit: Do you know if the rumors about St. Louis possibly going on probation are true?
True, but not really relevant for your odds of success as a graduate. http://lcme.org/directory/accredited-u-s-programs/Edit: Do you know if the rumors about St. Louis possibly going on probation are true?
True, but not really relevant for your odds of success as a graduate. http://lcme.org/directory/accredited-u-s-programs/
What does it mean for a school to go on probation then?
They have to address the deficiencies identified by the LCME.What does it mean for a school to go on probation then?
Baylor just came off probation, for example.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Colombianos are not considered URM...but Spanish language skills are always appreciated. Faha's list is a good one, but I would delete EinsteinThanks! And Colombian so there should be a decent number of schools who would consider me a URM, or at the very least a UiM, especially with the particular state school I'm interested in (if that's why you're asking). Last time I applied I didn't encounter any issues in regards to the above.
Update: I also decided to use a popular calculator that's on SDN to make a list of Category 3-7 schools. Ended up with 27 so I think those are the ones I'll go with. In addition to 5 DO. Bless the FAP!
Colombianos are not considered URM...but Spanish language skills are always appreciated. Faha's list is a good one, but I would delete Einstein
According to the updated AAMC definition post-2003 (and the Med-MAR which I qualify for) they very well can be considered URM, or more specifically UiM depending on the school. I had a diversity interview the last cycle so I know first hand that this is true. There is also SES-Disadvantaged which I was given last time as well (shouldn't change).
Just looked at Einstein's stats wow! Yeah definitely taking that off.