List of schools to apply to and some general questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zwander

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT= 36 (12 10 14)
cGPA~3.88 sGPA~ 3.95. First 2 years at small private school and last two and top state school.

I have clinical volunteering, non-clinical volunteering, research (no pub but presentations) and some other things.

Also, I have room in my application to mention I play an instrument (~12 years) which I'd include as an artistic endeavor. I haven't done much with it in college, so what do you guys think about putting it on the app? (I can sit down and play).

Also, is it worth mentioning I was a state champion in golf in HS? I didn't do much with this is college either, as I made studying my focus (I was a terrible student in HS because I golfed so much).

Finally, I'm receiving university honors from the school I transferred to and was wondering if I should mention in this section my reasons and experience transferring to this school I'd do this as in no other portion of my application is there an obvious place at this point to talk about it.

Thank you SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Instrument: I believe Catalystik has said that an "artistic endeavor" indicates publicly sharing your work. If all you have done in college is sit down in your room and play for your own enjoyment, it should be listed under "hobby" and you can write how long you have been playing.

Golf: Same as above. If you didn't join a golf club in college or didn't do anything more than occasionally golf for fun, it's a "hobby" and you can list your state champion award there.