List verification please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMantisTobogganMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, would really appreciate your input. Submitting my app today.

516 MCAT, c/s 3.6 gpa
Lots of research, some volunteer, ~40hrs shadowing, etc.

Illinois resident

Can you see if this list is ok?

Safety/decent

SIU
UIC
Loyola
CMS
Indiana
Penn State
MC Wisconsin
Creighton

Possible

Rush
Uniformed
Drexel
Mayo
Iowa
Colorado
Keck
Tulane

Reach/Yeah right

U of Chicago
Einstein
NYU
Michigan
Columbia
Northwestern
Washington U
Yale

Members don't see this ad.

Consider adding Ohio State COM. Also, make sure you put down you have a monster condom for that magnum dong on your app.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you have clinical experience beyond shadowing?

If you arent from the South/Central part of the state(ie south of the I 180 corridor) delete SIU
There are better uses of an app than Colorado.
I would probably get rid of Penn St and Drexel and swap with options thatll gt you more bang for your buck.
WashU Yale Pritzker and Mayo are likely not much more than hail mary's. Michigan NYU NW and maybe even Keck aren't too far away from being that either.
If you want reaches Einstein types are the ones that are better bets for you. If research is what you are looking for, consider Wake, Va Tech and CWRU

If your clinical experience is sufficient you have about 9 or so schools you can go in saying you have a reasonable shot at getting a II at. That's decent not bad(if you are from the southern part of the state that's plenty) but at the same time you might not have the type of service that appeals to Loyola and Rush IS.

I would probably consider replacing several of the schools above for several "target" types with an MCAT median around 33 that get <11k apps(ie SLU Jeff etc)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses. I have volunteering experience in the hospital and am an EMT. I'm replacing most of the reach schools, I'd rather replace them with something realistic. Added schools with median MCAT around 32/33.

Took off all the of reach schools except Einstein and am considering some of these, what're your thoughts GrapesofRath? How many do you think I should add, 5ish?

george washington
georgetown
dartmouth
quinnipiac
virginia tech
wake forest
western michigan university
albany medical college
lewis katz
the commonwealth
university of rochester
tufts