listing activities AMCAS 2008

Started by UVABranch
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UVABranch

one of 6000
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
quick question: since there's a limit to the number of activities that one can list, and as a "moderatly aged" NTS (28) I have way more now than I did in UG. With that said, if I have a primary job (f/t 9-5 sort of thing), but also have additional pt jobS (4 additional) in which I was involved in at least 2 at a time (i.e. I have 3 jobs total basically at all times), can the pt jobs be listed together as "pt jobs" and indicate in the description the duration and time committment for each? Or do I have to seperate them?

Also for volunteering and shadowing I plan to do post mcat (july) into the new academic year, can those be listed as well with proposed hours, (i.e I plan to undertake a combo of shadowing and volunteering which should ammount to about 5 hrs/week)?

thanks in advance to all who repply?

<think I should post in preallo also?>
 
When the blanks are running out and there are still important activities to be listed, I would definately begin creatively grouping things. I think it would be ok to group part-time jobs together. I grouped my shadowing experiences together. You can use the description box to explain the different jobs.