listing future courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

angietron3000

*black magic soul power*
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Forgive me if this has been asked a thousand times but I'm having a hard time listing my future classes on secondary apps.

The problem is I am no longer enrolled as a student at any four-year university, I've had an impossible time of petitioning classes at schools in my area (there are tons of schools but all the classes fill up before I can even register) and for schools that want me to list additional coursework I haven't completed yet (such as Bio Chem, Upper Division Bio, and Calculus) I'm not sure how to list them..

I really can't predict when/where/which class i'll be able to enroll in for the fall semester.. is it worth holding off submitting secondaries for an extra month so I can try petitioning classes? or just list courses I hope to get into and if I don't get in just explain later.. 🙁
 
I'd list the courses you hope to get into and submit the secondaries as soon as possible. Usually if you show up to a class on the first day you can get a spot (because other students have dropped). At least that's my experience.

And I miss the fairy princess avatar.
 
humuhumu said:
I'd list the courses you hope to get into and submit the secondaries as soon as possible. Usually if you show up to a class on the first day you can get a spot (because other students have dropped). At least that's my experience.
Yeah, I've tried that for at least 4 bio/chem/math classes so far and usually about 20 people show up for the 2 spots that have opened! Hopefully I'll have more luck this time, we'll see..

humuhumu said:
And I miss the fairy princess avatar.
me too, but I figured now that I'm sending photos out to schools I probably shouldn't have my real photo on here 😉