Listing Internship on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCOOPEER

Reaction score
Hello all,
I was just wondering if listing a transplant surgery clinical internship would be acceptable as one of my clinical experiences. Essentially my role is to assist clinical teams in the determination of organ suitability, round on patients pre/post transplant, and I also get the chance to go on any donor run/transplant that fits within the bounds of my schedule. This is an ongoing part time position. Further, this is not my only clinical experience. Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,
I was just wondering if listing a transplant surgery clinical internship would be acceptable as one of my clinical experiences. Essentially my role is to assist clinical teams in the determination of organ suitability, round on patients pre/post transplant, and I also get the chance to go on any donor run/transplant that fits within the bounds of my schedule. This is an ongoing part time position. Further, this is not my only clinical experience. Thanks in advance!!
I can't think of an argument against listing it.

Hello all,
What percent of your timer is spent face-to-face with patients?

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What percent of your timer is spent face-to-face with patients?
50% or so, really anytime I am working I am either with patients or doing clinically relevant administrative work.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
50% or so, really anytime I am working I am either with patients or doing clinically relevant administrative work.
It's the patient contact that "counts" toward what adcomms will consider "clinical" and not the administrative work, donor runs, or assisting clinical teams to assess organ suitability. Since you're over 50%, it's fine to tag this as Clinical, but be sure to describe all your duties, as you have here.

It's the patient contact that "counts" toward what adcomms will consider "clinical" and not the administrative work, donor runs, or assisting clinical teams to assess organ suitability. Since you're over 50%, it's fine to tag this as Clinical, but be sure to describe all your duties, as you have here.
Wise Cat, can you do me a favor a kindly PM me?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users