1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Listing Labs for Coursework

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by phamdmd, May 17, 2008.

1. phamdmd

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    If we take the beginning chemistry class with lab, but the lab is not worth any units or gets any grades because it is part of the lecture, do we need to list the lab? Will AADSAS assume that the lab comes with the chem class or do we have to list?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Cofo

Cofo Super Cool Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    bump. i have the same issue, except for my biology classes...the labs dont get separate credits.

4. DRHOYA

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    How many credits is the course worth? For example......at my institution we would register for say......Bio lecture = 3 credits, and then the corresponding lab = 1 credit, although the lab grade was factored in to the overall course grade. However on the transcript it reads as Bio 4-credits, with one grade. If that is your case, then you DO NOT denote labs as separete entities/courses on AADSAS. The grade you received for the class as a whole gets placed.

5. phamdmd

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thanks man. so once again, it is safe to just list all my general and organic chemistry once under the lecture because the labs get counted with them? but if say for another bio X class, the lab grade counts by itself and is worth 1 unit, then I do have to list it, yea? thank you