Listing labs on AADSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neefs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My university combines lab and lecture on my transcript. I know everything I enter is supposed to match up with my official transcript but I want to make sure the dental schools know that I took labs with my science classes. Anyone run into this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

To clarify above, my transcript, for example, only says "Cell Biology - 4 credits" and says nothing about any lab even though there was a lab with the course. I want to make sure schools know that I took the lab with my science classes because a lot of schools require labs as a prereq.

your course # should have C or L...or some kind of letter to indicate that it has lab...also i think 4 credit pretty much tells that course is lecture + lab....correct me if i am wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school does not use any indicator on transcript to show that there is a lab associated with a class. I copied my transcript letter for letter onto AADSAS. It didn't affect my ability to get interviews or get into schools in the least (6 interviews out of 10 schools applied to)

The schools will find out later when they check your official transcripts after they have accepted you. Before that...they don't look with that kind of detail.

Yeah, my courses are listed twice (one with an "L" by it) everywhere else but my transcript. I'm not sure if I should just enter them in the coursework section twice like that, even though it won't match up exactly with the transcript.

Thanks djeffrey!! :)

Mine is 4 credits as well but the lab is part of the class it doesn't have a seperate course number...I think they'll get it...i hope :confused:

I just called AADSAS to double check some things before I submitted my app and they said exactly what djeffery said, so you should be fine xdianaax