little help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChEdog

MSIV
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first post on sdn. I don't really want this to be another what are my chances thread but here's the deal. I'm a chemical engineering graduate with 3.7 overall gpa and 3.8 bcpm. I waited till December before deciding to apply bc of a low mcat 23Q. I am in the process of mailing secondaries to GA-PCOM and VCOM this week. I'm worried I may have waited too late. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

my guess is with your high gpa you have a reasonable shot. why not apply to more schools?

ChEdog said:
This is my first post on sdn. I don't really want this to be another what are my chances thread but here's the deal. I'm a chemical engineering graduate with 3.7 overall gpa and 3.8 bcpm. I waited till December before deciding to apply bc of a low mcat 23Q. I am in the process of mailing secondaries to GA-PCOM and VCOM this week. I'm worried I may have waited too late. Any thoughts?

yes you waited too late.
your MCAT is not bad for many DO school I get into many schools with <20.
send your secondaries today not tomorrow.
and try to apply to many schools to increase your chance.
if you need anything regard VCOM let me know because I am going there.
good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I added PCOM to my aacomas application last week, can i get an interview at PCOM with 23O MCAT, 3.40 science, overall and nonscience g.p.a.'s

Hopefully you sent in your committee letter to PCOM already or a Dean's letter. not dure on the min MCAT but the GPA is definitely fine.

BengaliDocIsl said:
I added PCOM to my aacomas application last week, can i get an interview at PCOM with 23O MCAT, 3.40 science, overall and nonscience g.p.a.'s

I'd apply to more schools if I were you as well. But I don't think you should have a problem getting admitted somewhere with that GPA.

Good luck to you!

Side note: LECOM I know has a late deadline... maybe you should try there as well?