Little Problem :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

who knows...

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping you guys can advise me on what to do. I just finished my third year but I still have two more years to go (my undergrad will take me five years). I applied to one school this year very late and I obviously did not hear anything. My GPA was always improving and it finally reached ~3.3 cum and ~3.5 sci....until this last semester when I did so badly like never before...I had a very rough semester, I had to drop a class, and almost failed (but did not) two other classes....
My DAT is ok with 19s and 20s and I have tons of extracurriculars and others etc...
My question is...will this last semester hurt me enough to keep me out of d school if I apply again? Should I wait until I finish 4th year or go ahead and apply anyways?

Thank you very much for your advice...much appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

the cumul will probably go down to a 3.2ish if im lucky and the science down to a 3.3 since both of the classes were science ones...

I say take more classes this summer and next year to boost up your GPAs. after that you'll be fine as far as i can see :thumbup: good luck

All is not lost. Bad semesters happen. Taking a summer course or two isn't a bad idea. It could help build your cum and confidence. Your DAT's sound good and your cum, also good, was barely tarnished. One disappointing semester shouldn't stop you from applying next year as planned. If you think this semester will stand out on your transcript, you could discuss it in your essay, but then again you may not want to draw unnecessary attention to it. Schools for the most part are looking at overall cums, sci cums and DAT's. I'm sure you'll do great next semester! Good Luck with your applications! I hope you get lots of interviews!