LIU Brooklyn C/O 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neodynium

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone apply for LIU Brooklyn this year?

Sent in my PharmCAS to Albany and LIU
Got an invitation for an interview from Albany and still waiting on LIU.
LIU received my application on 10/17.
Anyone receive there interview invitation yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone apply for LIU Brooklyn this year?

Sent in my PharmCAS to Albany and LIU
Got an invitation for an interview from Albany and still waiting on LIU.
LIU received my application on 10/17.
Anyone receive there interview invitation yet?

Yeah i got mines today I submitted my pharmcas that exact day as welll .

I have not takent the pcat yet i take it next week i am suprised they sent me a interview email before the scores are in.

Yes I have received my interview invitation. I think the school is a little too expensive but I want to see what they offer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys submit your ap scores on your coursework section?

Hi guys, question here. I have taken my pcat and going to get my second rec sorted out. My question is should I wait until my fall grades are out to submit my application, which will be late December, since it'll boost my gpa up or should I submit my application as soon as I'm done (most likely November) and then update my transcript later. My gpa's about a 3.4 ish but my science gpa isn't that amazing, hence why I want to wait.

Hi guys, question here. I have taken my pcat and going to get my second rec sorted out. My question is should I wait until my fall grades are out to submit my application, which will be late December, since it'll boost my gpa up or should I submit my application as soon as I'm done (most likely November) and then update my transcript later. My gpa's about a 3.4 ish but my science gpa isn't that amazing, hence why I want to wait.

Are you a prepharm student here?

I'm also waiting on LIU, and I got an interview with Albany

Members don't see this ad :)
Also curious on the interview for Albany. My interview is in a few weeks and I heard it was really quick and lackluster. I have a feeling Albany just wants our $$$, then again, which school doesn't?

Has anyone got accepted to LIU yet?

Haven't received anything from them yet. I know they have an interview date scheduled in January, so we should hear back soon.

How was the Albany interview by the way? Its my first interview and I'm extremely nervous!

Haven't received anything from them yet. I know they have an interview date scheduled in January, so we should hear back soon.

How was the Albany interview by the way? Its my first interview and I'm extremely nervous!

I literally got an interview AND got accepted to Albany while LIU has been taking their sweet time reviewing my application for interview.
It went ok, straightforward questions and I practiced all my responces on the train so it went well.
Now my bigger issue is paying the deposit for albany while waiting on LIU...
In all honesty the ONLY thing LIU has going for it is that it's in NYC. Albany is MUCH nicer, cheaper (they give financial aid and merit aid), the dorms are great, and the curriculum is better imo.

I literally got an interview AND got accepted to Albany while LIU has been taking their sweet time reviewing my application for interview.
It went ok, straightforward questions and I practiced all my responces on the train so it went well.
Now my bigger issue is paying the deposit for albany while waiting on LIU...
In all honesty the ONLY thing LIU has going for it is that it's in NYC. Albany is MUCH nicer, cheaper (they give financial aid and merit aid), the dorms are great, and the curriculum is better imo.

Congrats! How long did they take to send the acceptance after the interview?

Congrats! How long did they take to send the acceptance after the interview?
2 Days.
The interviewer at Albany actually told me I'm accepted, so the letter was just a formality I guess.
Meanwhile LIU has had my app for over a month now and they haven't even scheduled me for an interview. When I called the lady told me it depends on my grades in a very rude tone. My PCAT is a 95 ffs... If that was the case I should have at least had an interview by now.

Does anyone know if Albany takes in the same pre-reqs as LIU?

Does anybody know the dean's email?

Benzoraul? And yes they did it was a very quick process for me for some reason

Benzoraul? And yes they did it was a very quick process for me for some reason

Is that the current dean? I know the last one left and LIU hasn't updated the new dean's email on their page

Stats
Biochemistry major at LIU
3.9 gpa total
3.7 science
420 pcat
5 years tech experience

My opinion it depends how you present yourself at the interview and how you answer the questions.

My honest opinion sometimes it's just luck in getting a interview bc there are alot of students with good gpa's but how you present yourself .

My interview there was alot of young students that went to LIU and judging on their appearance and ability to speak id say they lacked on that part .

Make sure you dress professionally and are ready to speak eloquently.

For the girls- dress professional and wear minimum makeup !!! When I went to the interview there was alot of girls with clubwear makeup and stilettos. Just awful .

Anyway that is my take on it .

Last edited:
Same I'm getting my BS in biochemistry this semester and some of the people did not know how to answer simple questions.

I spoke with the lady , she said this was the lady interview which was in November for the fall interviews. Now everything restarts in January .

@pharmacystudent were you at 11/11 interview? If so I was the tell guy blue suit and said the " the gifted kid might be gifted at solving a rubix cube"

To those who got accepted and paid the deposit and completed the drug and background check , have you heard from LIU after ? . I paid my deposit and passed the background and drug test now what ?

Anyone a transfer and got accepted? Still haven't received my official admissions packet. And not sure where to pay the deposit. I dont want to lose my spot. I paid for CBC and scheduled my DS for this week.

You have to pay the deposit in the first 2 weeks after acceptance

Update for transfers: Called admissions. Once you receive the official packet in the mail, you have 3 weeks to pay the deposit.

I received an interview for LIU. But I don't know what to think my science GPA is a 2.00 calculated by Pharmcas. My math is a 2.38. My overall GPA is a 2.7below the minimum. What I want to know do I have a change? my Pcat score was a bit high I received a 47 composite. 66 chemistry, 40 biology, 23 in math.

I received an interview for LIU. But I don't know what to think my science GPA is a 2.00 calculated by Pharmcas. My math is a 2.38. My overall GPA is a 2.7below the minimum. What I want to know do I have a change? my Pcat score was a bit high I received a 47 composite. 66 chemistry, 40 biology, 23 in math.
Did u get accepted ?