-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LIU Class of 2015
Started by gymgirl57620035
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Of well good luck with UMDNJ! I made m final decision between LIU and New York Med and I will definitely be going to LIU. Now, I just have to figure out the living situation and decide when I'm going to move up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm trying not to stress about it, but it's hard to ignore. lol. They did offer me a scholarship. That was part of the deciding factor for me. Would you be commuting from home or finding a place near LIU? I think I'm going to live in the graduate housing for at least the first year since I don't really know the area too well.
The summer housing application came out today. I think I'm going to take advantage of that since they said during my interview day that the summer session is really intense because it is only 6 weeks so it may be nice to be right on campus.
Hi Dustin! I am also set on LIU and am beginning to get really excited! When I spoke to Professor Wing Fu about finding roommates she told me she couldn't send out a list of people in the program for privacy. She did say that she would be happy to send out an email blast with a message to all the students if I sent one to her though. I know one other person from my undergraduate college that is also going to be in our class. I'm hoping we'll start to get more info about registering and oreintation soon.
~Kaleigh
~Kaleigh
Yeah, that's going to be tricky. I think after the first year I may try to move off a bit so that it's cheaper, but I want to be close at least for the first year and see how I'm doing before I decide to commute too far.
Anyone else planning on living in the LIU summer housing?
No. They put all the summer residents in the Hoyt Strett apartments for the summer session and then they move you into the new grad apartments when the summer session is over. I'm not sure if I'm going to live in the grad apartments yet because I feel like I could find a cheaper place, but I'm staying in the summer housing so I can figure out what I want to do. They said the summer session is really intense so I wanted to be as close to campus as possible to make the transition as smooth as possible. lol
Yea I hear you. I actually went and saw the new grad apartments during open house and although it was very nice and new, price is very expensive (I believe the cheapest is like $8K-9K per semester and PER STUDENT!!!). And all the studios and one bedrooms were gone instantly. I looked over all the stuff for the summer that was sent in the e-mail and I'm honestly nervous 🙁
No. They put all the summer residents in the Hoyt Strett apartments for the summer session and then they move you into the new grad apartments when the summer session is over. I'm not sure if I'm going to live in the grad apartments yet because I feel like I could find a cheaper place, but I'm staying in the summer housing so I can figure out what I want to do. They said the summer session is really intense so I wanted to be as close to campus as possible to make the transition as smooth as possible. lol
Yeah, I know!!!! I feel like I could find a cheaper place if I found roommates. lol. It's not cheaper to live alone off-campus, but I think with 3 or 4 people, it would be. Yeah, I know what you mean about the letter. It looks very intense. It's going to be 6 weeks of constant studying. At least that's what I'm preparing myself for.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Edit: nevermind
Last edited:
Congratulations! The class schedule is listed in the welcome letter which I'm sure you'll be receiving soon. Are you from the NYC area or are you going to be relocating?
Movement Analysis 1:
(T) - 9am-12pm
(Th) - 12pm-2pm
Anatomy 1:
(T) - 1pm-3:30pm
(F) - 9am-11:30am or 3pm-5:30pm depending on which lab group you're in
Human Physiology:
(T) - 4:30pm-7:00pm
(Th) - 3:30pm-6:00pm
(F) - 12:00pm-2:30pm
Alternate Class Time:
(W) - 9:00am-11:30am
(Th) - 9:00am-11:30am
Movement Analysis 1:
(T) - 9am-12pm
(Th) - 12pm-2pm
Anatomy 1:
(T) - 1pm-3:30pm
(F) - 9am-11:30am or 3pm-5:30pm depending on which lab group you're in
Human Physiology:
(T) - 4:30pm-7:00pm
(Th) - 3:30pm-6:00pm
(F) - 12:00pm-2:30pm
Alternate Class Time:
(W) - 9:00am-11:30am
(Th) - 9:00am-11:30am
Congratulations! The class schedule is listed in the welcome letter which I'm sure you'll be receiving soon. Are you from the NYC area or are you going to be relocating?
Movement Analysis 1:
(T) - 9am-12pm
(Th) - 12pm-2pm
Anatomy 1:
(T) - 1pm-3:30pm
(F) - 9am-11:30am or 3pm-5:30pm depending on which lab group you're in
Human Physiology:
(T) - 4:30pm-7:00pm
(Th) - 3:30pm-6:00pm
(F) - 12:00pm-2:30pm
Alternate Class Time:
(W) - 9:00am-11:30am
(Th) - 9:00am-11:30am
Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for.
I don't live directly in the city but I live in a suburb of NYC called rockland county. I will be commuting for the first semester or so until I can find a place to live directly in the city.
Oh cool. I have some friends from Rockland county. What high school did you go to?
Oh cool. I have some friends from Rockland county. What high school did you go to?
Nyack High School class of 2007.
Very cool! My friend lives in New City and went to Clarkson South but we go out in Nyack when we go to visit her.
Yeah pretty much. I feel like we'll be spending a majority of the other 4 days studying and doing work though... I created a facebook group (LIU DPT Class of 2015!)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/237557713015643/
http://www.facebook.com/groups/237557713015643/
Hi guys! Has anyone else applied for on-campus summer housing yet? I'm coming from out of state and was told that most people try to live on campus during the first summer session until they can find a roommate. The tricky part is going to be moving in. Has anyone come up with a plan for moving their stuff up to LIU?
- Heather
- Heather
Hey, I'm going to be interviewing at LIU in a little over a week (for the class of 2017) and was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on what you think of the program? Are you satisfied with LIU? Would you recommend the LIU program to a friend whose applying to PT school?