LIU Class of 2017 Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDoc7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Acceptances from LIU's Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy will be sent out starting in February ! Sign on to this thread as the letters start rolling in :D

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted !!! Received an e-mail with the decision today; the envelope should arrive within ten days.

Good luck to all other applicants, and future classmates !

Accepted !!! Received an e-mail with the decision today; the envelope should arrive within ten days.

Congrats PharmDoc7! Would you mind sharing your stats and are you a transfer? Thanks! and congrats again!

Members don't see this ad :)
LIU Pre-Pharmacy student, PCAT ~ 80, GPA 3.83; interview went extremely well, and they enjoyed the essay thoroughly.

accepted as well....pharmdoc will you be attending?

Hey PharmDoc7...Congrats!!! I got accepted as well. Just wanted to know did you reply in any way that you accepted their offer? Cause they will be sending us formal packets...but did you do anything within the last week? and Congrats again!!!!

Hey PharmDoc7...Congrats!!! I got accepted as well. Just wanted to know did you reply in any way that you accepted their offer? Cause they will be sending us formal packets...but did you do anything within the last week? and Congrats again!!!!

Unless you report otherwise, LIU assumes that you will be attending. The background check must be initiated within two weeks of the dated acceptance letter; the drug test must be completed within three days of background check submission. Thank you for your congrads, and good luck to the entire graduating class of 2017!!!

Unless you report otherwise, LIU assumes that you will be attending. The background check must be initiated within two weeks of the dated acceptance letter; the drug test must be completed within three days of background check submission. Thank you for your congrads, and good luck to the entire graduating class of 2017!!!

When you say acceptance letter, do you mean the actual letter or the email itself? The reason I ask is because I am a transfer student and I just received an email of acceptance so far...still waiting to actually hold it!!! :D btw, did you get yours yet? And thank you again for your response...greatly appreciate it.

congrats. i got my packet today but probably giving up my spot. you get 2 weeks from the date on the packet to give a 500$ deposit to hold your seat.

edit - 2 weeks from the date of the letter, not the emails (i got 2)

Last edited:
When you say acceptance letter, do you mean the actual letter or the email itself? The reason I ask is because I am a transfer student and I just received an email of acceptance so far...still waiting to actually hold it!!! :D btw, did you get yours yet? And thank you again for your response...greatly appreciate it.

Yes, I received the physical letter two days ago; I live in NY so correspondences always reach me quickly. Still waiting for the admissions envelope, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D I got an email yesterday, I am the happiest in the world :)))

Acccccceptedddddddddddddddddd :) Im so excited yay :))))))))))))))))))) .. what should we do now?

I have no idea what should we do now, but I am still like flying somewhere in the sky lol
I think we need to wait for a mail and then to do drug test and criminal background.

Also accepted received it at the end of February...Good luck to everyone

Why are you guys happy you got into pharmacy school? Lol get out as fast as you can. And I'm a 6th year at LIU. It just isn't worth it

Why are you guys happy you got into pharmacy school? Lol get out as fast as you can. And I'm a 6th year at LIU. It just isn't worth it

Reading your other posts, it seems that you really aren't satisfied with the profession of pharmacy, and perhaps desire to peruse another profession in life. That's quite unfortunate, because I'm sure many other hardworking students would have gladly taken your seat at LIU. Going onto forums and attempting to dissuade younger pharmacy students from perusing their dreams, is rather pathetic.

What's wrong? Job market is bad? Yeah...that's the way life is, but we just keep on marching, until we see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know many other peers who fit into the same picture, and I can place my bet now, that they will be absolutely miserable pharmacists, as they possess a minimal degree of interest/motivation in this field. I know a bounty of Pharmacists who graduated from LIU, both recently, and some who have been practicing for over a decade, and haven't heard any complaints....

Please don't share your negativity, thank you.

Omg you are from my school... Wow, I can't believe you say our school isn't hard at all, didn't you have toxicology? I see many students crying in our program and you think it isn't tough? The only thing I agree with you is that people should stop skipping class.

Haha I know the feeling, I think we are just jaded. These students will soon know what we go through in the program lol. I was happy like them, and now jaded. And my experience in the school isnt that bad,

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have the interview next week on weds, jan 7th. can anyone tell me the experience about the interview

Yes, I received the physical letter two days ago; I live in NY so correspondences always reach me quickly. Still waiting for the admissions envelope, though.
what you do think about the interview?

Could you share a little bit about your experience at the interview?

Hi everyone,

Could anyone explain for me what does it mean Skype interview? has anyone ever been though Skype interview? would you like to share with me some of your experience? I would very appreciate your response.

I have an option to choose either flying to LIU for an interview next week on Wednesday or interview through Skype? what do you think? Do you think which option is better?

Does anyone mind sharing or messaging me their stats. I am planning to apply there next cycle. This would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.