LIU Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mn977

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just put down my deposit. Love the program and faculty. Also received a scholarship award!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I have an interview for them tomorrow. Any advice and a breakdown of the interview process? Any essay writing that you had to do on the day of the interview?

So I submitted my application back in September and I haven't heard a word from them besides the email saying they received my application... Is that weird/ bad? Should I email them?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I submitted my application back in September and I haven't heard a word from them besides the email saying they received my application... Is that weird/ bad? Should I email them?
Yes I would email them about it. They are doing interviews currently. If your stats aren't that great, you might not get called in or called in later.

Hi, I have an interview for them tomorrow. Any advice and a breakdown of the interview process? Any essay writing that you had to do on the day of the interview?
No essay. It's a simple roundtable with three other students and two faculty. You take turns answering the question. Actually was my least stressful interview since it was a group one and you got to think about your answer more and also answered like only 3 to 4 questions each. It helped that I knew a lot about the program already.

I'm in the same boat as you. Did you end up emailing them?

No I have not emailed them yet. Are you going to? If I do I will let you know!

The deadline for their application isn't until March so it says that you could get a response anytime in the cycle up until May.

No I have not emailed them yet. Are you going to? If I do I will let you know!

The deadline for their application isn't until March so it says that you could get a response anytime in the cycle up until May.
I just emailed them! It doesn't hurt to ask, I guess.

@PrePT850 they just emailed me back. They said they got my application and it's been scored and ranked. And that they may call me in for the final interviews Feb 24 or March 24 if my name comes up in the rankings.

@PrePT850 they just emailed me back. They said they got my application and it's been scored and ranked. And that they may call me in for the final interviews Feb 24 or March 24 if my name comes up in the rankings.
That's great! I haven't heard back from them yet, but hopefully I will soon.

Who did you email? I haven't heard back yet, so I may have emailed the wrong admissions email :(

I just got invited for an interview on 2/24 via e-mail. Very excited!

I just got an interview invite for that day as well. Can someone tell me more about this program who got accepted and will be attending? Is tuition really 150k?

I just got an interview invite for that day as well. Can someone tell me more about this program who got accepted and will be attending? Is tuition really 150k?
It is 130k. I've done the math. I received a scholars award 30k total as long as I maintain 3.0 gpa. I suggest observing for a day to see what the professors are like.

Interviewed at LIU brooklyn January 20th

Accepted on January 30th

I just put down my deposit. Love the program and faculty. Also received a scholarship award!
How long did it take you to hear from LIU after your interview? One teacher said a week and another mentioned 2-3 weeks. Just trying to get an idea lol

How long did it take you to hear from LIU after your interview? One teacher said a week and another mentioned 2-3 weeks. Just trying to get an idea lol
About two weeks. I was in the first interview cycle.

Who did you email? I haven't heard back yet, so I may have emailed the wrong admissions email :(
Hi, LIU received my application at the end of February, i emailed the general admission email address, and they said my application is still under review! Do you have any opinion, is there any other person i should email? are they going to let me know their decisions?

Hi, LIU received my application at the end of February, i emailed the general admission email address, and they said my application is still under review! Do you have any opinion, is there any other person i should email? are they going to let me know their decisions?
Hi, I think since you've already been in touch you should be fine! I'm sure you'll hear something soon, good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user