LIU or st Johns pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Calvin Ahmed

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone. I was recently accepted to both of these pharmacy schools. St johns gave me a 5,000 yearly scholarship, while LIU gave me a 10,000 year scholarship. I need help choosing which one to go to. Suggestions…??

Thank you!!!
 
Are you closer to queens or Brooklyn?
They both have amazing reputations.
I go to Liu and to me it is more reasonable because my job is in downtown Brooklyn and I live in Brooklyn. They have a new dean and changing the curriculum to fit for the way pharmacy is heading
 
Are you closer to queens or Brooklyn?
They both have amazing reputations.
I go to Liu and to me it is more reasonable because my job is in downtown Brooklyn and I live in Brooklyn. They have a new dean and changing the curriculum to fit for the way pharmacy is heading
Thank you. You're answer has enlightened me. Since you attend LIU, I have a couple questions to ask you, if you do not mind?

How do you like the university?
How do you like pharmacy in general?
I am having a hard time choosing between pharmacy or medicine?
What year are you currently in?
Also, how are the study abroad opportunities?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you like the university?
I started last fall and is really great. All the buildings connect so you can stay warm in the winter going from class to class. The pharmacy department is good. The admissions committee is friendly.
How do you like pharmacy in general?
I wanted to do pharmacy since I changed my major because I wanted to help people with health and wellness
I am having a hard time choosing between pharmacy or medicine?
You want to treat or diagnosis? Pharmacy to me has the medicine component.
What year are you currently in?
P2 but I just recently went on the interview for P3
Also, how are the study abroad opportunities?
Not sure on this one
 
How do you like the university?
I started last fall and is really great. All the buildings connect so you can stay warm in the winter going from class to class. The pharmacy department is good. The admissions committee is friendly.
How do you like pharmacy in general?
I wanted to do pharmacy since I changed my major because I wanted to help people with health and wellness
I am having a hard time choosing between pharmacy or medicine?
You want to treat or diagnosis? Pharmacy to me has the medicine component.
What year are you currently in?
P2 but I just recently went on the interview for P3
Also, how are the study abroad opportunities?
Not sure on this one
Thank you so Much. You provided me with a deep insight regarding the school. As for your interview, I hope everything went well. Good luck!