LIU Pharmacy c/o 2017

Started by glhm93
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

glhm93

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What GPA and PCAT standards does LIU usually look for from their pre-pharmacy applicants?
 
What GPA and PCAT standards does LIU usually look for from their pre-pharmacy applicants?

I received an interview invite a couple of weeks ago and my GPA is about a 3.6 with a PCAT composite of 54 (but biology and chemistry both above 70). I personally do not think my stats are that great and so I think the school really looks at the whole individual (experience, volunteer work, etc.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For students who received interview invites already: They have some things other than the Pharmcas application they ask for like the background check, etc. Did you guys do that? I just submitted my application and I am already an LIU student (undergrad) so I didn't think I would have to do anything else
 
For students who received interview invites already: They have some things other than the Pharmcas application they ask for like the background check, etc. Did you guys do that? I just submitted my application and I am already an LIU student (undergrad) so I didn't think I would have to do anything else

Did you recieve an invite yet ? And how did u just submit your application the deadline was earlier this month
Good luck
 
I completed my interview on 1/17, and received an envelope which contains instructions, and paperwork for both a drug test and background investigation; we were instructed to wait until our acceptance letters arrive (mid February) before initiating the appropriate actions to complete the mentioned tasks.
 
For students who received interview invites already: They have some things other than the Pharmcas application they ask for like the background check, etc. Did you guys do that? I just submitted my application and I am already an LIU student (undergrad) so I didn't think I would have to do anything else

What do you mean by "I just submitted my application" ?